- Courses Overview
- Correspondence Course In Genealogy
- Awaken Your Ancestors
- Broadening Your Family Tree
- Completing Your Ancestral Journey
- Tracing Your British Ancestors from Overseas
- Day Courses In Genealogy & Heraldry
- Weekend Tutorials
- Sources and Citations
- Careers In Genealogy
IHGS offices in Canterbury are now open and staff are on hand to help with queries regarding family history education and research. Meetings are by appointment only with all the usual safety measures in place.
The library is now open to visitors on Monday and Tuesday 10am to 4pm by appointment only.
Our Distance Learning Courses, Zoom Tutorials and other services continue as normal. Please contact us email@example.com or by telephone 01227 768664.
Regular weekend tutorials are held in Canterbury on a number of genealogical topics.
Originally just available to our Correspondence Course students, we have now opened these weekends up to non-students with an interest in the detailed topics covered.
The weekend tutorials typically start with a dinner on Friday evening, followed by a lecture. The studying continues all day Saturday and also Sunday morning. This is a perfect opportunity to meet not only the Institute's academic staff but also to spend time with fellow students.
- Workshop - Covering Correspondence Course Lectures 9 - 12
Wednesday 1st December 2021
- Tutorial - Bread, Gruel and Suet Dumplings - Workhouse Life with Ian Waller
Thursday 2nd December 2021
- Tutorial - Nonconformity
Tuesday 7th December 2021